With our online program, you can continue working while obtaining your certificate.
Your Path, Your Pace
Educational Assistants work in the school system from Kindergarten to Grade 12, supporting students who require assistance in developmental, behavioural and learning tasks. Our Educational Assistant Certificate prepares students with the skills and attitudes necessary to work effectively with children and teachers in diverse educational settings.
Because of its flexible learning options, our program is perfect for those who can only commit to part-time studies. Courses are offered entirely online, allowing you to either complete the program in only nine months, or take one course at a time and continue working in the field while obtaining your certification.
Possible Careers Include: Educational assistant in Kindergarten to Grade 12 classrooms, early intervention worker, daycare worker, employee with Head Start and preschool programs, and private educational support.
|Tuition & Fees
To be considered for admission, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements set by the department.
program is highly competitive, so we suggest you apply early.
Guide to the Application Process
Explore the Viewbook to find your program and the right path for you. TIP: Use a desktop or laptop to fill in your online application.
Before you navigate to ApplyAlberta, make sure you have access to the items listed in Step 1
Apply Alberta Checklist
- Your Alberta.ca Account.
- Your Alberta Student Number (ASN).
- Names of attended high schools and/or post-secondary institutions.
- If in high school or academic upgrading, list all completed, in-progress and planning to take courses.
- Your payment method for the application fee ready.
- Log in to your Alberta.ca Account.
- Remember, you do not need a verified ID to submit your application.
- Input your ASN.
Complete Your Profile
- Make sure all fields are correctly filled out.
- If you get stuck, use the HELP button.
- Double-check your submissions before moving forward.
- Remember, this is how NWP can reach you with updates about your application status.
Select 成人大片 as Your Institution. Declare previous NWP Student ID (if applicable).
Select your top choices for:
- Whether you are studying Part Time
Click SAVE to add the chosen options to the Program Selection List.
If the program you are looking for is not listed, it is either not offered or admissions have been closed.
Please note, if you are not admissible for your first choice, your application will be reviewed for your next choice.
Use the other instructions or comments box to list any considerations or information NWP should be aware of when reviewing your application.
- After reviewing and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you will be prompted to pay an application fee.
- Payment is required for your application to be processed.
- Payments can be made online at NWP.me/AppFee or in person at Student Services.
For more information about the program, please contact: