Ensure Continuity of Care for Your Career.
The Practical Nursing program gives students the critical thinking skills needed to become a Licensed
Practical Nurse. They will learn how to evaluate patient progress, interact with other professionals and
deliver nursing care to clients and their families in various settings. Through clinical placements,
students link theory with practice to gain valuable experience in the health care environment. Graduates of
the program are eligible to write the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Exam (CPNRE).
This program is approved by the Education Standards Advisory Committee with the College of Licensed Practical
Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA).
|Tuition & Fees
|Fall (FV) Winter (GP)
|Fairview and Grande Prairie
To be considered for admission, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements set by the department. This
program is highly competitive, so we suggest you apply early.
Important Dates - Grande Prairie Campus
Important Dates - Fairview Campus
Guide to the Application Process
Explore the Viewbook to find your program and the right path for you. TIP: Use a desktop or laptop to fill in your online application.
Before you navigate to ApplyAlberta, make sure you have access to the items listed in Step 1
Apply Alberta Checklist
- Your Alberta.ca Account.
- Your Alberta Student Number (ASN).
- Names of attended high schools and/or post-secondary institutions.
- If in high school or academic upgrading, list all completed, in-progress and planning to take courses.
- Your payment method for the application fee ready.
- Log in to your Alberta.ca Account.
- Remember, you do not need a verified ID to submit your application.
- Input your ASN.
Complete Your Profile
- Make sure all fields are correctly filled out.
- If you get stuck, use the HELP button.
- Double-check your submissions before moving forward.
- Remember, this is how NWP can reach you with updates about your application status.
Select 成人大片 as Your Institution. Declare previous NWP Student ID (if applicable).
Select your top choices for:
- Whether you are studying Part Time
Click SAVE to add the chosen options to the Program Selection List.
If the program you are looking for is not listed, it is either not offered or admissions have been closed.
Please note, if you are not admissible for your first choice, your application will be reviewed for your next choice.
Use the other instructions or comments box to list any considerations or information NWP should be aware of when reviewing your application.
- After reviewing and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you will be prompted to pay an application fee.
- Payment is required for your application to be processed.
- Payments can be made online at NWP.me/AppFee or in person at Student Services.
For more information about the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, please contact: